Check out some of the changes our Sport and Active Lifestyle team has made in the last 12 months as a direct result of your feedback.
- We have increased our number of FREE weekly activity sessions from four to 11.
- We now have a wider range of Active Campus session times available, including later evenings and weekends.
- We now have new activities on offer including: Dodgeball, Cricket and Pickleball.
- We have increased our number of indoor sessions from three to eight.
- We have recruited scholarship students to deliver activities for other students.
- We have introduced a FREE Couch to 5K coached course.
- We have also introduced monthly Wellbeing Walks exploring local area.
Fitness Suite and Fitness classes
- Gym Membership prices – we have not increased our prices in order to provide opportunities for students to exercise at a lower cost in order to assist with cost of living. Our prices remain highly competitive with nearby commercial gyms
- We now offer regular free Pilates sessions every Wednesday, 1pm-2pm, with Claire which is bookable via the Playwaze App
- We have gone into partnership with Rebecca Adlington Swim@ School who are our new external client of our Swimming Pool. This has provided part-time Lifeguard and Swim Teacher employment opportunities for students.
- Plans are in place to refurbish the poolside changing rooms. We are expecting work to begin from Christmas and New Year.
- The refurbishment of Fitness CFS102 room (upstairs in Fitness Suite) is in progress. This will be transformed into a fitness space in order to provide more fitness sessions and classes in the months ahead.
- Classes are well attended. We have had regular attendance of “Instructor-led Spin” with Sam. We introduced “Weightlifting For Beginners” last term and more recently added “Core” to our Class Timetable. Classes are still free and all participants can still utilise the Playwaze App to book on.
- Our Circuits Class has been moved to the Gymnasium in order to allow for higher uptake of participants.