Occasionally you may need to contact our Finance Department about your fees, invoices, sponsors, refunds, payments, or payment plans.
The way you contact the team has now changed – you will now only be able to contact them via the Raise a Query button through your invoice/reminder email, or by email or phone.
Please note: if you receive funding from the Student Loans Company (SLC) as a tuition fee loan, you will NOT receive an invoice. We will invoice SLC directly – you do not need to do anything.
The information below mainly relates to international students, students who being sponsored or students who are self-funding.
The most effective way to contact the Finance Department is to click on the “Raise a Query” button on your invoice/reminder email.
If you have not received an invoice or reminder message and are not funded through the Student Loans Company (SLC), please email:
If your query is urgent, please call:
- Tuition Fees Team: 01244 512810
- Accommodation Fees Team: 01244 512117
- General Finance Enquiries: 01244 512071
The opening times are:
- Monday to Thursday: 9am-5pm
- Friday: 9am-4pm
Click here for more useful links.
How to pay:
All fee-paying students (not funded through the Student Loan Company (SLC) or sponsored students) will receive an email including their invoice and a link to make payment. This email will include three buttons – “Pay Now”, “Query” and “Invoice Summary”.
- The “Pay Now” button will direct you to our Convera secure payment portal where you can make your payment
- The “Query” button allows you to contact the Finance Department with any queries about fees, payments or payment plans.
- The “Invoice Summary” button shows details of your invoice.
UK self-funding students will be invoiced following enrolment. On receipt of the invoice, you will be offered the choice of payment plans through the University finance system.
Students who are being sponsored
If you are being sponsored, you MUST send a letter of authorisation or a purchase order from your sponsor to the Finance Department email@example.com. Our Finance Department will then invoice your sponsor directly.
- A letter or purchase order is required for each academic year of study. The sponsor will be invoiced for the full amount of their sponsorship for the academic year, and this is payable in full on receipt of invoice. If our Finance Department do not receive confirmation of sponsorship, students will be held personally liable for the fees.
- Details of how to make payment and the different payment plans available will be included in your offer letter.
- The University partner with Convera. Convera GlobalPay for Students offers a simple, secure, and smart way to pay fees online. Convera’s platform is trusted by 800+ institutions worldwide to enable payments in 140+ currencies across 200+ countries and territories.
- For more details, please visit our dedicated International student payment page or Self-paying student payment page.
IMPORTANT – Please allow at least two working days for payments to be received and recognised by the University due to the transfer time through the banking network.
Please do not contact us before this time to enquire if we have received the payment as we will be unable to answer your query.
Payments made through Convera will provide students with a receipt and their status can be tracked online.
For your safety we do not under any circumstances accept cash payments.