As we head into the colder months, we just wanted to share some simple tips to help you keep your properties safe and secure throughout the Autumn/Winter period:
- In an emergency please telephone the police on 999.
- If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use our textphone service 18000 or text us on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergency SMS service.
- If you’re in your property after dark, please turn your lights on and close your curtains/blinds.
- Please keep all doors and windows shut and locked when not in use.
- Never prop open communal doors in flats which normally need a key fob to open – and don’t let anyone into your block unless you know they live there.
- If you notice anyone acting suspiciously, please report it to Security if you’re at one of our sites or the Police if you’re off site by calling 101 or reporting it online.
- If you’re storing items in outside sheds, ensure you’re using a strong padlock and keep the key safe and secure.
- Check out this advice from Cheshire Police on how to protect your mobile phone from theft.
- Consider registering your valuable for free on Immobilise. This site is used by the Police and can help to improve your chances of getting your items back if they are lost or stolen.