The aims of the training are to explore:
- What do we mean by consensus?
- The strength of disagreeing and how managing this can help us grow.
- Where our belief systems come from and how that shapes us into tribes.
- The process of creating beliefs and how to break down the barriers these create.
- How we can become active listeners and understand why people feel the way they do so we can attempt consensus
- The importance of understanding where the feeling of peoples beliefs stem from.
- The skills we can develop to allow us to network and build social capital effectively
The training will be facilitated by a Stephen Dowson from Stand and be Counted. It will be a safe space to develop skills, engage in discussions and allow self-reflection.