#IamRemarkable is a Google inspired initiative to celebrate achievements in the workplace and beyond.
An issue to address
Many of us struggle when it comes to talking about our own accomplishments. Cultural and gender modesty norms as well as impostor syndrome can prevent anyone from acknowledging their remarkable attributes and expressing their achievements.
- Improve the self-promotion motivation and skills of women and underrepresented groups
- Challenge the social perception around self-promotion
During the workshop, you will learn the importance of self-promotion in your personal and professional life and be equipped with tools to develop this skill. Participants will be invited to challenge the social perception around self-promotion.
The aims of this session are to help you:
- Understand some of the barriers to self-promotion
- Consider why it’s important to be able to articulate and share your accomplishments
- Reflect on what makes you remarkable
- Consider ways to develop your ability to self-promote