Your views, your beliefs, your feedback – we asked, we listened, and we’ve responded!
Okay, so yes, we keep banging on about ‘Your Student Voice’, but why? Well, quite simply it’s so that we have a dedicated way to ensure we hear your views, beliefs and general feedback on your student experience.
The Student Shout Out team is a central function and we’re here to listen to all students, across our sites. Earlier this year we asked you specifically about central student communications. We worked hard across the summer to get several initiatives up and running!
Your Student Voice asked for:
- All information in one place. We worked with our fantastic Learning and Information Services team to create a new one-stop-shop for student communications – our brand-new Student Shout Out platform https://shoutout.chester.ac.uk/ . This site contains the latest UoC news, updates and all student facing events from all departments. VOILA!
- Improved UoC app: You requested more and better features in the UoC app. We’re pleased to announce that we’re working hard behind the scenes to bring you a brand-new app which will launch in January! We’ve held multiple student focus groups and we’ll be consulting with students throughout the roll out to ensure the app works for you – so keep an eye out for future feedback opportunities.
- More in-person events: We’re holding more and more in person events throughout 22/23 across all sites. Keep up to date via our social channels or visit the Events section on our Shout Out platform. Make sure to spread the word, we need you guys to turn up and make these events as engaging as possible! It’s a great way to make new friends and learn more about opportunities whilst at UoC.
- More in-person signage: We’re adding more signage around each site. We’ve installed new digital screens at Time Square and Remond House at University Centre Warrington (UCW) and we’re installing screens around our Wheeler and Churchill receptions. As you can see across our sites, we’re also using posters for a range of campaigns, and we’ll continue to do this throughout the academic year.
- More Sports & Active Lifestyle content: We’re now in regular contact with the Sports and Active Lifestyle team. We’re signposting to the latest events and activities across our social channels and in our newsletter – and we’re also bringing you the latest results from our BUCS (British Universities and Colleges Sport) league the Student Shout Out newsletter every week.
So, what next? For us to keep up to speed with your views and experience we will be running a ‘Your Student Voice’ survey each term. HUGE THANKS to those of you who took part in the ‘How’s it going?” survey in October! We’re busy looking at the data and working with Departments to share your feedback and look at what we can action… look out for updates soon.
Got something you want to feedback? Want to share your views? You can always reach out to us at email@example.com or via our social media channels – Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.