We’re pleased to announce the much-anticipated coffee shop at Marriss House is now open!
Head up to the sixth floor next time you’re on site and enjoy a wide selection of items including:
- Hot drinks
- Cold drinks
- Hot meals
- Breakfast items
- Chocolate bars
Open from 8.30pm-4.30pm daily – grab a bite to eat or even a hot drink and take a seat. seating area.
Please keep in mind that the following Cost-of-Living initiatives also apply here:
- Cakes and sandwiches approaching their best before date will be available to students from 4pm
- Free small community tea or coffee available
- Free fruit on the last Friday of the month.
- Complimentary slice of toast with the purchase of a hot drink (not available with the free community tea and coffee offer)
- £1.99 meal pack: cheese or ham sandwich, packet of crisps, bottle of water.
Our Sport and Active Lifestyle team is also delighted to launch a new Active Zone at Marriss House.
With a variety of cardio and functional equipment available for students and staff to use, as well as access to the department’s on-demand fitness classes via YouTube, there has never been a better time to get active.
The Active Zone is located on the ground floor (where the old Common Room was located) and is open Monday to Friday, 9am-5.30pm.
This is a free service and the Active Zone is open to all students and staff during working hours. There is no need to book an appointment and instructions on how to use the equipment are available via QR codes on each machine.
All users must watch this induction video before using the Active Zone.
Exercise programme cards can be accessed to support your fitness goals or contact our team at Sportactivelifestylechester@chester.ac.uk to discuss a specialised programme.
It’s time to Get Up, Get Out and Get Active.